The Future of Engineering: Societal Challenges
Date: Thursday, 28 April, 2016 (10:00 - 15:30)
Location: IET London Savoy Place, WC2R 0BL
The Young Engineering Professionals Conference is a one-day annual conference focusing on the future of engineering, promoting multi-disciplinary working to reach our shared goals. Last year our opening key note was given by Warren East, now CEO of Rolls Royce.
Join us in discussing the societal challenges facing the engineering sector and exploring, with the other young engineers present, how the ‘Internet of Things’ might resolve various aspects such as:
- Smart Cities
- Smart Health
- Smart Transport
- Energy Efficiency
There will also be opportunities to interact with other engineers on career and professional issues.
By attending this conference you will:
- Gain valuable insight from leading professionals on the future of engineering in the UK
- Develop a deeper understanding of the key challenges facing the sector and the importance of your role in overcoming them
- Network with industry peers and benefit from their experience on developing solutions to these challenges
- Learn how you can influence the future of the UK engineering sector by actively contributing to the development of industry standards
- Share techniques and industry ‘know how’ with like-minded young professionals to encourage interdisciplinary working
- Discover best practice time-saving techniques to improve your own, and your organisation’s performance
- Enhance your own professional reputation and earn valuable CPD points
Who should attend?
- Engineering and technology employees (18 - 35)
- Post graduates (Full and part time)
The 2016 Young Engineering Professionals Conference is brought to you by BEAMA, BSI, GAMBICA and the IET.