Certificate in Business Continuity Management
In today’s fast paced environment, businesses are facing a volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous world (VUCA). Delivering effective business continuity is essential to survival and long-term success. Having an internationally recognized Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) allows you to enhance organizational performance, increase stakeholder engagement and gain a competitive edge. Identify the structure and requirements of an effective BCMS and what this means for you.
The course involves approximately 120 hours of study with up to 12 months being required for completion. However, there is no time limit for finishing the course.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the planning, implementing, maintaining, supervising or auditing of a business continuity management system.
Candidates should have undertaken some business continuity training, such as a requirements, implementer or auditor course prior to enrolment. Candidates are expected to know the basics of the ISO 22301 standard before attending the course.
What will I learn?
You will learn about:
- Key roles, functions and structure of business continuity management
- Requirements and benefits of a business continuity management plan
- Main concepts such as risk-based thinking, process approach, Plan-Do-Check-Act, and ISO 31000:2018
- Implementation and analysing the effectiveness of business continuity plans using key tools and techniques
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Identify the key role, function and structure of business continuity management
- Manage risk and drive continual improvement
- Take steps to ensure that business continuity is at the heart of your organization
- Attract and retain customers by developing resilient systems that can serve present and future customer need.
Our Certificate in Implementing Business Continuity Management consists of 4 online learning modules:
- Understanding the key principles and terminology of business continuity management, the role of the risk frameworks, and the key functions and structure of BCM systems
- Developing risk management and business impact assessment frameworks. Understanding the key factors that influence business impact assessment, and developing a business continuity plan
- Implementing a business continuity plan, developing tools for implementation, and engaging with stakeholders to gain support and deliver
- Gathering data on performance of the BCM – analysis and evaluation of the results and delivering corrective action plans.
Throughout the course you’ll have access to detailed course notes. On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.