“Around 50% of all global resources go into the construction industry, with a specific example being that 70% of all timber is used for buildings” Edwards and Hyett.
Operate more sustainably
An increase in regulation and client demand for responsible construction is forcing organizations to improve their processes in areas such as carbon emissions and waste. By disregarding social and environmental issues, you may risk damaging the environment and limiting your own business growth, so it makes sense to address these issues to help you succeed.
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management helps you manage your broad environmental impacts
- BES 6001 Responsible sourcing of construction products helps you make sure the materials you use fit with your sustainable approach to business
- Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) helps you make significant contributions towards cutting the UKs carbon dioxide emissions
- BSI Connect can help you monitor progress and maximize opportunities for improvement.
Protect your business and save money
By taking practical steps to operate more sustainably – and measuring and reporting on your efforts – you can profit from becoming more sustainable. Work with us to identify opportunities for cost savings, enhance your reputation and make sure you’re up to date with regulatory requirements.
- ISO 50001 Energy Management helps you manage your energy usage