Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Foundation training course
Our one-day foundation training course to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will help you understand how it could apply to your organization and the potential benefits.
By attending this course you will be better prepared to carry out a discussion around the new regulation, conform to the parameters, as well as understand the background, updated concepts, principles, terms and definitions used in the new GDPR.
This foundation course will also help you understand how the regulation works, so you can prepare and work towards compliance for the new regulation that comes into force on 25 May 2018. Plus you’ll be in a position to start a scoping exercise that can then lead to a gap analysis, privacy impact and risk assessment or a full data protection audit.
Who should attend?
Managers seeking to broaden their knowledge of the GDPR requirements, or those who currently have a role in data protection or information security and need to understand how to comply with the regulation
Individuals with little experience in privacy or data protection but who wish to enter the field having had some exposure to the regulation through training
Individuals who need to understand their responsibilities, from any business area that processes personal information or data including: legal, corporate governance, risk and compliance, management systems, data security, IT services, marketing, financial and accounting and Human Resources.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to define:
- The fundamentals of the EU GDPR, what is required and terminology
- Key differences between the Data Protection Acts of old and the EU GDPR
- Data subjects, subject access requests and their rights
- Dealing with subject access requests
- Marketing requirements and potential changes to targeting customers
- The implementation path to EU GDPR compliance:
- Privacy by design
- Data protection impact assessments (DPIA)
- Data audits
- Training and competence requirements
- Incident response and breach reporting
- Updating policies and procedures
- International data transfers
- Replacing Safe Harbor, the Privacy Shield and the new requirements
This one day training course includes lunch and drinks. The training will be provided in Dutch, the materials will be in English. For further information regarding reduced rates at the hotel where the training is being conducted please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0031-(0)20-3460780.
In-company training courses
When there are more employees who need to understand, implement or audit your management system, a training could be delivered at your location as well. Based on your learning needs we could deliver a customized in-house training course for your team.
For more information about the learning path or in-house training courses, please contact Mark Leenaers via +31 20 346 07 83 or send an email to email@example.com.