The Certificate in Information Security Management Principles (CISMP) course, developed by the British Computer Society (BCS), is designed to provide the foundation of knowledge necessary for individuals who have information security responsibilities as part of their day-to-day role, or who are thinking of moving into an information security function.
The CISMP course and associated qualification provides the opportunity for those already serving as information security professionals to enhance or refresh their knowledge and, in the process, gain a recognized industry qualification, regulated by the BCS, the Chartered Institute of IT. This is useful to both the individual and employer in terms of attesting to the level of professional ability an individual has attained.
Classroom/online: 3 days (exam can be taken as and when you wish)
In-house company option: 4 days (exam delivered on final day of course)
Now available as a tutor-led, online course
Scroll to bottom of page for course dates and booking options
What will I learn?
The programme is broken into ten modules:
- Module 1: Information security management principles
- Module 2: Information risk
- Module 3: Information security framework
- Module 4: Procedural/people security controls
- Module 5: Technical security controls
- Module 6: Software development and lifecycle
- Module 7: Physcial and environment control
- Module 8: Disaster recovery and business continuity management
- Module 9: Other technical aspects
- Module 10: Preparation for the CISMP exam
How will I benefit?
- You'll gain a comprehensive overview of all the key principles in information secuirty
- Gain a recognized industry qualification, regulated by the British Computer Society (BCS), the Chartered Institute of IT
- Course included Official BCS Course Materials and BSI created course slides (Provided digitally for online training)
- Final Practice Exam and sample questions
- Certificate of Attendance