To place vehicle components on the market anywhere in the world they are normally tested and approved by an appropriate authority. Most countries insist on proof of compliance with national or international standards, regulations or instructions covering safety and/or environmental performance.Working with BSI, obtaining the proof you need is quick and simple.
Approval for the UK and Europe involves testing samples of the product and assessing the manufacturer’s quality system to ensure that ongoing production meets the appropriate requirements such as ECE Regulations or EU Instructions.
Where experience counts
BSI has established an unrivaled reputation and experience in the testing of vehicle components for over 30 years.
A “one-stop” shop
Manufacturers wishing to market vehicle lighting, reflectors or mirrors within Europe can take advantage of the streamlined approvals service operated by BSI with the UK Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA).
- VCA approval of Exterior Lighting
- VCA approval of Exterior Rear View Mirrors
- VCA approval of Retro-reflective Devices
- VCA approval of Electrical/Electronic components for EMC Instruction 95/54
- VCA approval of Vehicle Glass Products
- Society of Automotive Engineers and Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards approval for components for US market