ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management Systems: Internal Auditor
The course aims to provide guidance and practical experience in planning, executing, and reporting Information Security Management System Audits.
Information Security is now recognised as an important business process which if not managed correctly and efficiently may impact upon an organisation’s ability to deliver its products and services to their customers. Just as important, lack of security has the potential to impact upon revenues. The highly specialised skills and practical knowledge needed to assess an organisation’s capability to manage all aspects of information security is one that can be learnt.
This innovative, two-day course provides a solid foundation in all aspects of the audit process. Stage by stage delegates are taken through a structured programme that includes a balance of theory and practice using a combination collaborative learning and practical activities enabling delegates to gain an understanding of the key activities for auditing.
Who should attend?
- All personnel who are/will be coordinating internal audit activities within your organization
- Persons who have been given the responsibility to audit an Information Security Management System
- Existing auditors who wish to refresh their skills
What will I learn ?
Upon completion of this training, delegates will be able to explain and apply:
- The principles of auditing and the principles of auditing to ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- Audit activities
- Initiating the audit
- Preparing audit activities
- Conducting audit activities
- Preparing and distributing the audit report
- Completing the audit
- Audit follow-up
The course is aimed at personnel who already have an understanding of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 (delegates who do not have this understanding are strongly recommended to attend the one-day requirements training course; as the requirements of this standard are not taught on this internal auditor’s course)
How will I benefit ?
- Appropriately trained auditors will bring added value to the internal audit process
- Your business will remain compliant to the international standard for Information Security Management Systems
- Skills development for your internal auditors; as well as the main core knowledge requirements