Learn the fundamental auditing principles and practices relating to ISO/IEC 20000-1 service management requirements so you can help drive continual business improvement.
By attending this five day course you’ll gain the knowledge and skills to undertake and lead a successful service management system audit. Using a step-by-step approach, you’ll be guided through the entire audit process from initiation to follow-up in accordance with ISO 19011.
Through activity-based learning, and practical auditing experience with coaching, group workshops and discussions, you’ll gain the necessary auditing skills to effectively lead audits and drive improvement.
Successful completion of this BSI certified training course, by passing the relevant examination and skills assessment, will demonstrate knowledge and basic skills to undertake and lead a management systems audit.
Who should attend?
Anyone who needs to audit an organization’s service management system.
Delegates are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review and continual improvement
- The concepts of managing service quality and reliability throughout the service lifecycle, i.e. design transition, delivery and improvement of the services
- Compliance with legal requirements and regulatory requirements
- The relationship between service management and the provision of reliable and resilient services, and the proactive improvement of service performance
- Common examples of relevant national and local legislation and requirements
Knowledge of the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1 and the commonly used service management terms and definitions, as given in ISO/IEC 20000-1, which may be gained by completing our ISO/IEC 20000-1 Requirements training course, or equivalent.
What will I learn?
On successful completion, you’ll have the knowledge and skills to:
Explain the purpose of a SMS, the audit process and first, second and third-party certification
Describe the benefits of an ISO/IEC 20000-1 Service Management System (SMS)
Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up a SMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021
Plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit of a SMS to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO/IEC 20000-1, and in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 where appropriate
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Identify the aims and benefits of an ISO/IEC 20000-1 audit
- Interpret ISO/IEC 20000-1 requirements for audit application
- Plan, conduct and follow-up auditing activities that add real value
- Understand the application of service-based thinking, leadership and process management
- Access the latest auditor techniques and identify appropriate use
- Build stakeholder confidence by leading audit activities in line with the latest requirements
What is included?
Detailed course notes