ISO 31000:2009 Risk Management Systems: Principles & Guidelines
Organizations of any size have always striven to manage their risks in some way. Those organizations without a formalized system for dealing with business uncertainties can benefit from a better understanding and structured implementation of risk management. BSI’s 2-day course on understanding and implementing a risk management framework based on the ISO/IEC 31000 standard will provide you with the knowledge and skill to effectively start managing your organization’s risks.
After completion of this course, you will be able to explain the fundamentals and principles of risk management while laying the foundation for implementing a structured approach to risk management within your organization.
BSI’s Risk Management Principles and Guidelines course uses lectures, discussions and hands-on exercises to effectively achieve your objectives.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for managers and prospective implementers of risk management, and for stakeholders in such efforts.
What will I learn title?
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the fundamentals of risk management
- Explain the fundamentals of a risk management system
- Describe the relevance and context of ISO 31000
- Outline the structure and purpose of ISO 31000
- Elaborate on the key principles of ISO 31000
- Identify key aspects and interrelationships of a risk management framework with the organization’s management system
- Describe the risk management process
- Outline a process for implementation of a risk management framework
- Specify the components and process of building a risk management framework
Specify the structure and flow of the risk management process
How will I benefit?
- Increased business resiliency and structure
- Organizational flexibility of response to change
- Understanding and management of risk
- Ability to implement a risk management framework
- Enhanced business continuity and stability