NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety (OGC)
Make the move from generalist to qualified specialist with the International Technical Oil and Gas Certificate (OGC).
This National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) qualification is designed for those who manage health and safety in the oil and gas industry.
Build on your knowledge and understand how to manage oil and gas risk by learning about health and safety and environmental management in context; hydrocarbon process safety; fire protection and emergency response; and logistics and transport operations.
Who should attend?
Those who have completed the NEBOSH National or International General Certificate
What will I learn?
- Risk management techniques used in the oil and gas industries
- Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Role and purpose of a permit-to-work system
- Key principles of shift handover
- Plant operations, maintenance and failure modes
- Safety critical equipment controls and safe storage of hydrocarbons
- Fire and explosion risk and emergency response
What are the benefits?
- Highly reliable staff in a high risk environment
- Efficient response in emergency situations
- Industry recognition of robust health and safty management
- Staff confidence in health and safety procedures
Course includes refreshments, lunch, course notes