Road Traffic Safety (RTS) Management Systems: Implementing ISO 39001
Organizations of all types and sizes have a role to play in road traffic safety, aiming to reduce serious injury and death in road traffic incidents.
A Road Traffic Safety Management System (RTSMS), based upon ISO 39001 can provide your organization with an international best-practice framework for managing your responsibilities and interactions with the road traffic system.
The starting point for success lies in implementing a robust RTSMS that delivers results exceeding those achieved through mere compliance with law and regulations.
In this 2 day course an experienced instructor will guide you through an implementation of an effective RTSMS, using a combination of practical exercises, group activities and class discussions. A take-home Reference Toolkit will also be provided containing useful documents and information that can be referenced and used during your organization’s implementation process.
Who should attend?
Anyone with responsibility for Road traffic safety Management/ transport planning including:
- Fleet management and local authority personnel
- Enforcement authorities, emergency services, occupational health and safety advisors
- Human resource staff
- Internal and external management systems auditors who are new to RTSM and auditing RTSMS
- Existing management system practitioners who are new to RTSM and the requirements of an RTSMS
- Those interested in finding out more about the implementation of RTSMS
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this training, delegates will be able to:
- Recognize key management system concepts and in particular ISO 39001
- Identify the benefits specific to their organization in relation to implementing an effective RTS management system
- Identify a typical framework for implementing ISO 39001 following the PDCA cycle
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 39001 from an implementation perspective in the context of their organization
- Implement key elements of ISO 39001
- Conduct a base line review of the organizations current
There are no formal prerequisites, but it is recommended that you have some knowledge of RTSMS, in particular ISO 39001, as well as a good understanding of your organization and its operations.
How will I benefit?
- Learn about the new road traffic safety standard and how it can benefit your organization
- Position your organization for a successful implementation of a Road Traffic Safety Management System
- Improve confidence in your organization as a responsible party involved in road traffic systems
- Increase your RTSMS knowledge
- Gain the confidence to implement an RTSMS