The BRCGS is a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) recognised scheme. The popular Standard is accepted as a benchmark for food safety worldwide, and is often a core requirement of the supplier approval process for food retail and manufacturing.
This course will provide auditors who have audited against Issue 5 of the Standard with details of the changes to format and content of the Standard, with a review of audit protocol and BRCGS expectations. It includes particular reference to the changes in order to better reflect the diversity of the Packaging industry and how this affects them.
Who should attend?
Current BRCGS Packaging and Packaging Materials Issue 5 auditors and certification body personnel responsible for technical review.
You should have a good knowledge of BRC Global Standards for Packaging Issue 5.
You should download and read a copy of the Global Standard for Packaging Materials Issue 6 before attending this course. The Standard is available from www.brcgsbookshop.com from August 2019.
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the reasons for changes to the Standard including industry developments
- Explain how the changes will benefit retailers, manufacturers, auditor and consumers
- Identify the changes from Issue 5 including changes of format of the Standard; changes to existing clauses; new requirements and clauses and additional modules
- Recognise the changes to the protocol of the Standard
- Describe how the audit process should now be carried out and reported consistently
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Identify the changes to the Standards for Issue 6
- Describe the changes to the protocol of the Standards
- Build stakeholder confidence by managing processes in line with the latest requirements
This will also be an opportunity to effect calibration of auditors to ensure the effectiveness and consistency of audits against the Standard to BRCGS requirements.
- Detailed course notes
- On completion, you’ll be awarded with a certificate of attendance