The five main reasons to choose the BRC Food Safety Standard are:
- Globally recognized and GFSI benchmarked
- Recognized by retailers around the world, reducing the burden of multiple audits
- Reduced product recalls, complaints and rejected products
- Increases customer confidence, opening new market opportunities
- Clearly defined risk-based requirements
The BRC standard for storage and distribution takes a common sense, risk-based approach, providing companies with a clear path towards achieving certification.
3. Supported by customers
Many retailers, major manufacturers and food service companies around the world support the use of the BRC Global Standard for Storage and Distribution and accept it as part of their supplier approval process.
Developed by industry experts, the standard incorporates quality management systems and internationally accepted best practices to ensure the safety and quality of products. It also features optional modules supporting flexibility for your business.
5. Cost effective
Widely accepted certification reduces the need and expense of duplicate audits. Audits are completed by local BRC trained and approved auditors to enable an internationally accepted Standard to be audited at local rates.