Lead Auditor Transitioning from ISO/IEC 27001:2005 to ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Training Course
This two day course is aimed at existing lead auditors currently auditing, implementing or consulting ISMSs conforming to ISO/IEC 27001:2005.
With the updated standard ISO/IEC 27001:2013 now available, there is a need for organizations to prepare for ISMS audits that check conformance with the current standard.
Information security management lead auditors, after having passed this course and a two hour examination, will be able to meet that need.
We will teach you the differences between the previous and current versions of the standard which will give you the knowledge to be able to inform and instruct a business about how conformance can be achieved.
This can be particularly helpful to organizations where the transition strategy will repurpose existing ISMS documentation and processes over to the current standard.
Organizations will seek your input in preparation for an independent audit and of course you will be able to audit and lead audits yourself to the current standard once you have completed and passed the course and the examination.
Who should attend?
This is intended for those who lead audits of ISMS checking conformance with ISO/IEC 27001:2005.
You must have attended and passed BSI’s ISO/IEC 27001:2005 Lead Auditor training course or an equivalent with another recognized training organization. To verify this, we will ask you for a copy of your certificate award.
What will I learn?
- What is the new high-level structure of ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- What are the requirements of the standard
- How to recognize the differences between the 2005 and 2013 versions of the standard
- What updated processes apply to an organizations ISMS
- How to plan and lead an audit to ISO/IEC 27001:2013
What are the benefits?
- As an employee, your company will have internal knowledge to conduct and lead an audit of an ISMS checking conformance to the current standard ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- As an independent consultant, organizations will be seeking help and advice when transitioning over their ISMS from the previous to the current version of the standard and to have their audits conducted
What is included?
- Training course notes
- Certificate of attendance