BS 10012 Data Protection Demystified – Acting to Protect Personal Information
Protect information at work and at home with our BS 10012 Data Protection Demystified – Acting to Protect Personal Information eLearning Course.
BS 10012 is a British legal standard created to maintain the privacy of all sensitive personal information held by companies. It outlines how and when you may or may not use data and gives guidance on communicating with customers about their information.
Understanding all of this becomes easy with our interactive online course. Designed to help you put in place a BS 10012 compliant personal information management system, the eLearning course delivers a framework for you to achieve and maintain the necessary data protection standards.
Raise awareness and build confidence among employees and customers – and achieve all of this in just 30 minutes online at your convenience. It couldn’t be simpler.
Who should attend?
“The course was delivered in a clear manner and easily understood.”
- Those implementing a BS 10021 personal information management system
- Those processing personal information within an ISO 27001 information security management system
- Organisations who want to raise employee awareness of data protection
- Those new to working with personal information.
What will I learn?
- Understand the Data Protection Act and why it is important
- Learn how the Act applies to your organisation and your role
- Understand the implications of non-compliance
- Identify personal information that needs to be protected
- Gain an overview of BS 10012
- Become confident within your role.
How will I benefit?
- Protect all sensitive personal information
- Understand when this information can be used
- Increase customer confidence
- Ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act and BS 10021
- Raise awareness of data protection in your organisation.
- 1 CPD point is gained for each hour of learning
- Single user access