Cloud Computing Security Training Course: Auditing Cloud Security for STAR Certification
STAR Certification gives cloud service providers the ability to prove that their registration to the Cloud Security Alliance’s (CSA’s) Security, Trust and Assurance Registry (STAR) has been independently assessed against the new STAR certification maturity model.
The maturity model checks a service provider’s security performance against theCSA's Cloud Controls Matrix ( CCM) to award an overall grade.
Although only a certified STAR auditor from a certification body can recommend STAR certification, by learning how an organization can meet STAR certification, you can effectively prepare a cloud service provider for a STAR audit.
Led by an experienced tutor, this one day course will help you learn how to audit cloud security for the STAR certification programme and learn how to apply the maturity model when auditing a provider’s security controls.
Who is it for?
To become STAR certified, a cloud security provider must hold ISO/IEC 27001 certification. As such, ISO/ IEC 27001 qualified auditors or those with equivalent knowledge and experience are best placed to benefit from this course.
Suggetsed job roles include:
- Network security managers
- Information security consultants
- Cyber Security principals
- IT Risk and Security managers
You will learn
- Criteria for STAR certification
- CCM and how it relates to ISO/IEC 27001
- Define the specific control areas of the CCM and differentiate between them
- What maturity is and how the STAR certification maturity model works
- How to apply the maturity model when auditing a provider’s security controls
- Cloud service users would be able to conduct their own audit to check a provider’s ability to meet service level agreements
- Your business will be able to prepare for independent assessment against the STAR certification maturity model
- Your company can use your STAR certification credentials to help increase your competitive market advantage
- Customers of STAR certified service providers will have greater assurance the service they receive has been monitored and assessed to check its cloud security
- Better monitoring of security practices can lead to better overall levels of service provision
- You will gain 8 CPD hours
Book your place
For pricing, availability and any further information, please contact us at Tel: 3149 3326.