Apply Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
This course equip learners with the skill and knowledge to systematically identify problems, collect pertinent information to clarify the problem, analyse the root cause(s) and recommend action(s) to resolve the problem. It also includes checking the effectiveness of the corrective action(s) and its integration to organisation’s overall management system in preventing recurrence of the problem.
The unit provide learners the opportunity to apply and demonstrate the knowledge and skill learned on root cause analysis.
This is one of the Specialisation Electives that leads to the award of WSQ Statement Of Attainment (SOA) in Generic Manufacturing Skills WSQ (Quality Systems).
Who should attend?
This course is targeted at employees in the operational, supervisors and management roles from both manufacturing and service sectors who are able to act as change agents within the organization to drive productivity with measurable outcomes.
- Have good knowledge of their own organisation products/services, operations and management systems, and production processes
- Have basic knowledge in problem solving (eg. Brainstorming) and decision making (eg. Decision matrix) skills
- Have team facilitation skills (eg. Conducting meetings and leading discussions)
- Have basic presentation skills
- Be able to listen, read, speak, and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) level 7
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills System (ESS) level 7
What will I learn?
On completion of this unit, learners will be able to identify problems systematically, collect relevant information to clarify the problems, analyze root cause(s) and suggest action(s) to resolve the problems.
Participants will also be able to check the effectiveness of the action(s) taken and its integration to the organisation’s overall management system in preventing the recurrence of the problem.
What is included?
- Training course notes
- Lunch and refreshments
On completion, you will be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate