Internet of Things (IoT) Fundamentals
With 20.4 billion devices expected to be connected by 2020, concerns over interoperability and security continue to increase, as well as the need for organizations to understand the impacts of IoT technology.
This course provides an overview of IoT technologies. It will look at each of the elements that compose their ecosystem, so you can identify the main IoT system components and understand how they interact. Plus you’ll get an overview into the interoperability challenges, cybersecurity threats and where IoT can provide the greatest benefits.
Who should attend?
Non-technical people with interest in the IoT world.
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Have an understanding of the definition of IoT
- Identify the different elements present at the IoT framework
- Recognize the technologies which take part in the IoT world
- Depict the main cybersecurity implications on IoT
- Highlight the importance of interoperability in IoT
Introduce the potential implications of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on IoT
How will I benefit?
This course will help you to:
- Identify the main IoT system components, and the interactions between them
- Address basic technical questions on IoT
- Recognize cybersecurity repercussions on IoT
- Gain an insight into interoperability challenges present in IoT
- Recognize the main IoT system components, and the interactions between them
What is included?
- Delegate workbook
- Lunch and refreshments (Applicable for classroom only)
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate