Certified Information Privacy Professional Europe (CIPP/E) training course
Get global recognition as a data protection professional with our Certified Information Privacy Professional Europe (CIPP/E) course. This 2 day training course encompasses pan-European and national data protection laws, key data protection terminology and practical concepts concerning the protection of personal data and trans-border data flows.
The CIPP/E program was developed by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), which is the world’s largest comprehensive global information privacy community and resource. The CIPP/E certification holds accreditation under ISO 17024: 2012.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) takes effect in 2018, are you ready for it? Among its mandates is the requirement to appoint a knowledgeable Data Protection Officer (DPO) tasked with monitoring compliance, managing internal data protection activities, training data processing staff, conducting internal audits and more. There’s a lot to know, there’s a lot at stake and there’s a lot of opportunity for data protection professionals with the right training and education.
Achieving a CIPP/E credential shows you have the comprehensive GDPR knowledge, perspective and understanding to ensure compliance and data protection success in Europe - and to take advantage of the career opportunity this sweeping legislation represents.
What will I learn?
The programme is broken into eleven modules:
- Module 1: Data Protection laws
- Module 2: Personal data
- Module 3: Roles and relationships of controllers and processors
- Module 4: Processing personal data
- Module 5: Information provision
- Module 6: Data subjects' rights
- Module 7: Security or processing
- Module 8: Accountability
- Module 9: International data transfers
- Module 10: Supervisions and enforcement
- Module 11: Compliance
How will I benefit?
- You'll have an enhanced understanding of jurisdictional laws, regulations and enforcement models, rules and standards
- Feel confident with the essential privacy concepts and principals and legal requirements for handling and transferring data
- Be familiar with the key areas of CIPP/E required for the exam
- You'll have practical experience to apply concepts and achieve a best practice privacy program
- Be skilled to help your organization have resilience with personal data management and data flow between different countries
What is included?
- Delegate workbook
- Lunch and refreshment
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate