Bowtie Barrier-Based Risk Management
BowTie is a barrier based risk management methodology that visualizes the risk you are dealing with in just one, easy to understand picture. The output is shaped like a bow-tie, creating a clear differentiation between proactive and reactive risk management.
There are many different ways to do risk assessment. The results of a risk assessment with help of BowTie, give a good understanding of major hazard risks and how they are controlled. The BowTie method is adapted by many of the global 500 companies especially in the high risk industries such as oil and gas, mining, aviation, refining and public services. It is particularly useful for major accident prevention; nevertheless it is applicable to all levels of risk associated with Safety & Health, Environment and Quality.
Go in depth by attending this training to learn more about how to apply the BowTie methodology to your own risk management process and get hands-on experience with the supporting software tool known as “BowTieXP”. Among the benefits of using the software-based Bow Tie are:
- Risk management can be done through highly interactive session involving various levels of the organization through development of a diagram that is easily understood.
- Inadequacy of the risk management or gaps can be easily assessed.
- Action items can be identified, prioritized and tracked.
- BowTie diagram can be used for communicating various level of risk to relevant personnel.
- BowTie diagram can be transferred to ‘permit for work’ for use as checklists.
- The diagram can also be linked to operating procedures and documents allowing for practical implementation.
The software has been developed by experts, recognized by regulators and it has been tried and tested in the highest risk industries.