Business Continuity - Crisis Communication
Are you prepared to provide quick responses in a crisis – an event that occurs suddenly, often unexpectedly?
A crisis interferes with normal routines and creates uncertainty and stress. It could be a natural event, such as an earthquake or a hurricane, or it can be man-made, such as an explosion, a scandal, or a conflict. Ultimately, it can threaten the reputation of a top official and your organization.
The aim of this one day training course is to help you achieve continuity of critical business processes and information flows under crisis, disaster or event driven circumstances. The key is to be prepared before a crisis occurs. Once an emergency happens, there is little time to think, much less to plan. Without a crisis communications plan, you can be overwhelmed by events. This course helps you develop the skills and confidence to deal with major incidents based on international recognized standards such as ISO 22301 and NFPA 1600. It explores the nature of crisis and shows how to develop workable crisis response strategies at individual and organizational level.
Who should attend?
What will I learn?
- Deliver a convincing argument as to the importance of communications in dealing with issues or incidents and create a workable incident communications plan
- Understand how and why the media react to incidents
- How to identify key stakeholders and create appropriate messages
- Recognize the variety of communication media available to you and how to use them effectively
- Build strategies to protect corporate reputation under testing circumstances
- Gain skills and confidence for yourself and in briefing colleagues in how to manage communication at the time of a major incident
How will I benefit?
- Identify which media your organization may need to relate to
- Create a successful crisis media management planning
- Control on the media through crisis management
- Develop the best strategy to repair reputation
What is included?
- Training course notes
- Lunch and refreshments
On completion, you will be awarded an internatoinally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate