Effective Food Safety Auditing
Move from compliance to value added audits with our new food industry specific auditing course. Implement effective internal audit processes that enable you to meet customer requirements and identify opportunities for continual improvement.
Who should attend?
- Technical managers
- Quality managers
- Quality coordinators
- Production managers
- Team leaders
- Laboratory technicians/coordinator
- Food industry graduates
Upon completion of this training, delegates will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge and skills:
- Describe how an audit is scheduled, planned, organized, conducted, reported and followed-up in accordance with ISO 19011 industry best practice
- Show awareness of reporting and communicating the results of audits to all levels of the organization to improve compliance and apply continuous improvement methodology
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize based on risk to the organization and risk to product safety
- Refresh and update knowledge of key food safety management system issues which include but are not limited to review of CCP practices and monitoring records, validation and verification activities, traceability, GMP hygiene and house-keeping, foreign object controls and allergen management
- Apply a risk-based methodology to effectively schedule audits
- Perform an audit to assess compliance, suitability and effectiveness of practices, system documentation and records
Demonstrate ability to apply a strategic audit focus by identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for continual improvements and potential threats to your organization or to product safety.
What are the benefits?
- Shift organizational focus from compliance to continual improvement
- Empower food industry professionals to effectively using audit tools and techniques to identify strengths, weaknesses and opportunities for improvement.
- Maximize effectiveness and efficiency of food safety operations with limited resources
- Discuss informal benchmarking with industry sector peers
What is included?
- Delegate workbook
- Lunch and refreshments
- Certificate of attendance upon completion