Environmental Management Systems Auditor/Lead Auditor Training - IRCA Certified Course (A17714)
Become a leading environmental auditor with our ISO 14001 Lead Auditor Training Course and gain a qualification which will contribute towards the auditor registration of the International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA).
Get the right training to guide your organisation to environmental management excellence. As lead auditor you will remain at the forefront of EMS strategy and will drive efficiency in line with ISO 14001 and you can play a pivotal role in ensuring your organisation is committed to environmental best practice.
Work with EMS training professionals during this five-day course to understand how to keep pace with developments in environmental management systems. Consolidate your auditing skills through interactive sessions, role play and workshops where real life case studies make learning relevant.
Course No A17714 Certified by IRCA
This course is approved by the International Registered Certified Auditor (IRCA) and contribute towards the auditor registration of the IRCA.
Who should attend?
- Those who want to lead compliance in line with ISO 14001/EMAS standards
- Existing auditors of quality systems and safety management systems
- Organisations seeking UKAS certification against ISO 14001
Before starting this course, you must inform students that they are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
a) Knowledge of the following environmental management principles and concepts:
- The concept of environmental sustainable development whereby an organisation must ensure that actions of today do not degrade the environment of the future.
- The purpose of an initial review as the basis for establishing an environmental management system where none currently exists.
- Evaluation of activities, products and services in order to establish the environmental aspects associated with normal operating conditions, abnormal conditions such as start up and shutdown and emergency situations and accidents.
- Considerations of environmental aspects with respect to
- Emission to air, release to water and release to land
- Use of raw materials, natural resources and energy
- Energy emitted and lost e.g. heat, radiation, vibration, steam, and compressed air.
- Public nuisance such as light pollution, noise, and odour
- Environmental legislation and how legal compliance forms part of an environmental management system.
- Typical methods for evaluation of the significant impacts of the environmental aspects identified and how their ranking influences operational control and priorities for improvement.
b) Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 14001, which may be gained by completing an IRCA certified EMS Foundation Training course or equivalent.
It is advisable that delegates have either attended an internal auditors course, or had experience with conducting internal or supplier audits
Written exam is conducted on Day 5
What will I learn?
- Consolidate your ISO 14001 environmental management knowledge
- Gain the ability to conduct effective audits in line with ISO 14001 and EMAS
- Keep up-to-date with best practice and environmental legislation
- Be confident leading and managing audit teams and processes
- Improve analytical and reporting skills
- Prove your EMS competency through ISO qualification and professional recognition
What is included?
- Training course notes