Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems Auditor/Lead Auditor Training Course - IRCA Certified Course (A17036)
Demonstrate your commitment to maintaining optimum health and safety standards and your organisation will stand out in the marketplace. Our IRCA certified Occupational Health and Safety Training Courses will equip you with the skills to ensure you are OHSAS 18001 compliant.
This targeted training is built around the requirements of BS OHSAS 18001:2007 to help you gain and maintain certification and EU recognition. We will deliver the best fit for your organization – on-site or through a public course.
Course No A17036 Certified by IRCA
This course is registered by the International Register of Certified Auditors (IRCA) and meets part of the training requirements of those seeking registration as a lead auditor under the OHSAS scheme.
Who should attend?
- Health & Safety Managers
- Those responsible for auditing BS OHSAS 18001
- Health & Safety Consultants
Before attending this course, delegates are expected to have knowledge of the following occupational health & safety management principles and concepts:
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The purpose and benefits of an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system
- A basic knowledge of managing occupational health and safety (OH&S) through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control and compliance with legal and other requirements
- A basic awareness of common examples of relevant national and local OH&S legislation and requirements.
- Commonly used OH&S terms and definitions as given in OHSAS 18001
- Knowledge of the requirements of BS OHSAS 18001
It is advisable that delegates have either attended an internal auditors course, or had experience with conducting internal or supplier audits.
"Training is intensive and provided essential learning. Well done!" – Tan Zing Chiou, Hewlett Packard
What will I learn?
- Understand the scope of your occupational health and management system and its potential to improve working standards in your organisation
- Have confidence to audit risk management and business processes in line with BS OHSAS 18001
- Learn to develop your own audit strategies against certification criteria
- Understand the importance of health and safety auditing to ISO 19011:2011
- Show leadership in reporting and taking action to strengthen health and safety systems
- Build a culture of health and safety awareness in your organisation
- Build employee confidence
What are the benefits?
- Gain business assurance in a robust occupational health and safety management system
- Evaluate conformity of health and safety processes and procedures
- Promote continual improvement of health and safety processes and procedures
- Encourage leadership through employee professional development and confidence in the highest standards of working environment
- Build stakeholder confidence in a focussed BS OHSAS 18001 audit framework.
What is included?
- Course notes
This course is certified by the International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA) and meets the training requirements for IRCA Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems Auditor Certification.