ISO/IEC 27002:2013 Information Security Controls Implementation Training Course
With the growing number of internal and external information security threats, organizations are increasingly recognizing the importance of implementing best practice controls to safeguard their information assets. By implementing and maintaining suitable controls, organizations become less susceptible to information security breaches and the financial and reputational damage they cause.
ISO/IEC 27002:2013 provides guidelines to help organizations select, implement and manage information security controls, taking into account their risk environment. It contains 14 security control clauses, which cover 35 security categories and 114 controls. These controls are intended to be applicable to all organizations and represent a minimum ‘starting point’, i.e. additional controls and guidelines can be added as required. The standard supports the concepts and framework specified in ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
This course aims to provide clear and practical guidance on implementing the controls from ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and other relevant management practice guidance.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to learn:
- To identify and understand commonly accepted information security controls
- How risks can be reduced to an acceptable level using controls
- How to determine which controls are the most appropriate to implement
- Practical implementation of ISO/IEC 27002:2013 controls
- The benefits and pitfalls associated with the use of different controls
The course is applicable to representatives from any size or type of organization who is, or will be, involved in planning, implementing, maintaining, supervising or assessing information security, as part of an ISO/IEC 27001:2013 ISMS or a standalone system.
We recommend that you have a basic understanding of information security principles and terminology.
We also recommend that you have an understanding of the information risks faced by their organization.
A basic understanding of ISO/IEC 27001:2013, information technology and information risk management may be an advantage.
Some delegates on this course will have already attended our Information Security Management System (ISMS) Requirements of ISO 27001:2013, or Information Security Management System (ISMS) Implementing ISO/IEC 27001:2013 course.
How will I learn?
Our unique accelerated approach fast tracks learning, improves knowledge retention and ensures you get the skills to apply your knowledge straight away. This course involves practical activities, group discussions and classroom learning to help you develop a deeper understanding of the material and have a greater impact on job performance. Practical activities will help to cement the concepts behind the use of information security controls from ISO/IEC 27002:2013.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Understand the best practice controls contained in ISO/IEC 27002:2013
- Identify the key benefits of using ISO/IEC 27002:2013 to protect information assets, as part of an effective ISMS or as a standalone activity
- Understand the rationale behind the processes and usages associated with the controls
- Understand how implementing these commonly accepted controls will help reduce levels of risk within your organization
- Implement the controls more effectively through clear and practical guidance
This course will help organizations identify appropriate controls to be implemented in different situations, along with the benefits and potential pitfalls of doing so.
- Detailed course notes and lunch are provided
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate