BSI obtains first global accreditation for the new Quality Management standard ISO 9001:2015 from ANAB
26 August 2015
BSI, the business standards company, is the first to receive official global accreditation status from the ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board (ANAB) for the new Quality Management Standard, ISO 9001:2015.
To gain accredited status, BSI’s transition process and auditor training to the new standard have been independently assessed to ensure it operates at the highest level of quality and service. This provides assurance to clients that the certificates issued to them, once the new standard is published, are both credible and impartial. BSI is now able to start carrying out audits to the new version of the standard meaning organizations can begin their transition process.
The new ISO 9001:2015 has been revised to take into account today’s dynamic and globally interconnected world. Some of the key changes include:
- Greater emphasis on building a management system suited to each organization’s particular needs
- A requirement that those at the top of an organization be involved and accountable, aligning quality with wider business strategy
- Risk-based thinking throughout the standard makes the whole management system a preventive tool and encourages continuous improvement
- Less prescriptive requirements for documentation: the organization can now decide what documented information it needs and what format it should be in
- Alignment with other key management system standards through the use of a common structure and core text
Evelyn Chye, General Manager at BSI Malaysia said “ISO 9001 is the world’s most popular management system standard. Being the first Certification Body to attain accreditation is a testament to the investment we have made in training our auditors and allows BSI to help our clients transition to the new standard, thereby embedding the latest best practice into their organizations and enabling them to take advantage of the additional benefits as early as possible”
To learn more, please call +6 03 2242 4211 or visit www.bsigroup.com.my