What is Due Diligence Verification?
The BSI Due Diligence Verification scheme provides reassurance to the companies offering own-brand goods and reduces legal risks.
The scheme is useful for:
- Organizations offering own-brand products and are legally liable if those products fail
- Organizations that want to show due diligence where there is a directive or regulation that doesn’t require the input of a National Body to affix the CE marking such as the Low Voltage Directive (LVD) or Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS)
What are the benefits of Due Diligence verification?
It means organizations can:
- Feel more confident their own–labelled products
- Protect their brand and reduce legal risks
- Differentiate themselves from the competition by providing proof of due diligence mandated by the directive / regulation
- Develop and grow knowing they have the right systems and documentation in place
- Increase confidence of buyers
How does the Due Diligence Verification scheme work?
The scheme is split into three levels. The level you choose will depend on the level of confidence the applicant has in the supplier. If the applicant selects confidence level one, we will review technical files and test reports for compliance with the relevant international and European quality standards and regulations and directives. Where extra reassurance is required, confidence level three can be applied. We will test products and check models being manufactured match the model and technical data used for certification, and that they comply with the latest versions of standards.
BSI Due Diligence Verification: increasing trust, reducing risks