The accreditation process is broken down into the following:
• Application: Completed application including self-assessment form, continual improvement plan and list of units.
• Assessment: Undertake survey of village residents, onsite audit of head office and sample villages.
• Identification of Non-Conformities: Major non-conformities must be resolved in 1 month, minor in 6 months.
• Final Assessment Report: Once evidence of corrective action to allow resolution of major non-conformance is received, a report is provided to the village operator and head office governance manager.
• Review: A review of the final report and accreditation decision will be made by a verification auditor not part of the Audit Team.
• Certificate: Issued for all sites, with an audit plan developed for the 18 month surveillance.