Introduction to ISO 50001
Energy Management is one of the most effective measures that an organisation can take to reduce operational costs, improve its competitiveness, and demonstrate to all that it is operating in a sustainable way.
A key way to achieve this is through implementation of an energy management system based on the Energy Management System (EnMS) standard, ISO 50001. This one-day training course provides a sound introduction to ISO 50001 and its application to energy management systems. You will learn about the benefits of implementing and certifying to the standard, as well as getting a run-through about the ideas behind each of the clauses.
Who should attend?
- Those responsible for energy management in their organization
- Those interested in improving their energy efficiency
- Those interested in applying an Energy Management System based on industry best practice.
- Concepts of energy management
- Global and national context for energy management, including benefits of an Energy Management System
- Fundamentals of an Energy Management System
- Requirements of ISO 50001
- Save money and reduce costs through energy efficiency
- Comply with greenhouse and/or energy reporting legislation
- Meet stakeholder expectations
- Contribute to sustainable development
- Enhance the reputation among your current clients and win more customers
- ISO 14001 Requirements training course - Learn how to reduce your environmental footprint using an internationally recognised standard. Utilize your environmental management system to reduce costs and maximize your organization's potential
- Implementing ISO 50001 - This two-day course provides guidance on how to implement an ISO 50001 Energy Management System. Learn how to gain management buy-in, identify energy targets and prepare project plans