ISO 22000, food safety management, is one of the most widely adopted standards in the world. It forms the foundation for a system of processes required to provide safe foods and relevant products or services that meet customer applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
ISO 22000:2018 introduces the new concept of context of the organization. This requires your organization to determine the issues and requirements that can impact on the planning of your FSMS. The implementation of your FSMS should be a strategic decision influenced by the context of your organization.
The standard also requires your organization to consider:
- Alignment of the FSMS with the strategic direction of your organization
- Determining the processes needed to achieve your intended results
- Addressing risks and opportunities arising from the context of your organization
The determination of risks and opportunities should be carried out at both organizational and operational levels. This training shall focus on determination of risks and opportunities at organizational level.
This training course will provide you with knowledge and understanding, as well as practical application, of these concepts so you can plan a FSMS that meets the intended results within the appropriate context of your organization.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for managers, executives and food safety professionals who need a practical understanding of the context of the organization and risk-based thinking.
It is particularly relevant to anyone involved in developing, auditing or maintaining a food safety management system.
What will I learn?
You’ll be able to:
- Determine the context of your organization in planning and implementation of the FSMS
- Understand the application of risk-based thinking
- Apply risk-based thinking to the FSMS
- Provide a structured method in developing an effective FSMS relevant to the context of the organization and risk-based thinking
This training course is HRDF approved under the SBL scheme.
On completion, you will be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.