Food Safety Requirements and Effective Food Safety Auditing
Understand the requirements of a food safety management system and then learn how to plan, organize, conduct and follow up with a food safety audit in accordance with industry best practice.
*This course is GST exclusive.
Who should attend?
- Any individual requiring knowledge of ISO 22000 and food safety systems
- Those who are looking to implement a food safety management system in their organization
- Any individual who is looking to become a qualified food safety auditor in the future
Upon completion of this training, you'll be able to:
- Understand the Requirements of a Food Safety Management System
- Implement a Food Safety Management System
- Understand its relationship with HACCP
- Describe how an audit is scheduled, planned, organized, conducted and followed-up in accordance with industry best practice
- Apply a risk-based methodology to effectively audit practices, documents and records
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize based on risk to the organization and risk to product safety
- Apply a risk-based methodology to effectively schedule audits
- Perform an audit to assess compliance, suitability and effectiveness of practices, system documentation and records
- Demonstrate ability to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for continual improvements and potential threats to apply a strategic audit focus
- At completion of formal assessment, you will receive the following nationally recognized units of competence:
- FDFAU4002A - Communicate and negotiate to conduct food safety audits.
- FDFAU4003A - Conduct food safety audits
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene
- Food Handling and Good Manufacturing Practices is recommended