With a greater focus on risk-based thinking and aligned to ISO’s high level structure, the new ISO 22000 Food Safety Management Systems can deliver additional benefits to organizations of all sizes throughout the food chain:
- Improved control over food safety activities
- Customer, statutory and regulatory compliance
- Facilitated market growth
- Increased customer, stakeholder and consumer confidence in products
- Improved risk management
- Integration with other ISO management systems
Organizations currently certified to ISO 22000:2005 will have three years to transition to the new standard.