Gain a detailed understanding of the key drivers, requirements and strategic alignment needed to deliver Building Information Modelling (BIM) and how it allows you to achieve a faster, more efficient delivery of projects.
The process of BIM allows those who interact with it to optimize their actions, resulting in a greater whole life value for their asset. This course provides the knowledge you need to understand the the key management principles, themes and terminology of BIM and how to apply these within your organization, as well the drivers for success and return on investment (ROI). You’ll gain the relevant understanding and foundation to utilize BIM on your next project.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the design, construction and project management (including specialist subcontractors and clients) of BIM activities.
What will I learn?
You will learn about:
- Basic principles and benefits of BIM
- Relevant standards and supporting documentation that align to delivering projects to achieve BIM
- Value of information and how it should be managed, delivered and used through the capital, delivery and occupation phases of a project
- BIM as a determining factor on delivering projects on time, without waste and inefficiencies.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Explain the basic principles and terminology of BIM
- Engage with clients on the benefits and key drivers associated to BIM
- Manage teams and projects to ensure all members of the supply chain are aware of the requirements to be able to deliver
- Grasp the concept of BIM and ensure your business recognizes the need for the development of BIM as part of the agenda
- BIM Implementation - Develop the knowledge and skill required to effectively implement BIM across your organization and supply chain.
- ISO 9001:2015 Requirements - Understand and demystify the requirements of implementing and refining a robust quality management system in your organization
- AS/NZS 4801 | OHSAS 18001 Requirements - Understand how to implement a best practice workplace health and safety system to reduce employee injuries and successfully manage occupational risks
- ISO 14001:2015 Requirements - Learn how to reduce your environmental footprint using an internationally recognized standard. Utilize your environmental management system to reduce costs and maximize your organization's potential