OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational Health & Safety Management System Lead Auditor Training Course
The OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) Lead Auditor Training Course teaches the fundamental auditing principles and practices, in conformance with national and international accepted norms and regulations relating to OH&S requirements.
By attending this course, delegates will gain the necessary auditing skills through activity-based learning and practical auditing experience with coaching, group workshops and open forum discussions. Experienced BSI tutors will guide delegates through the entire audit process; from initiation to conducting follow-up.
Successful completion of this training course by passing the examination and skills assessment, will demonstrate knowledge and basic skills to undertake and lead a management systems audit.
This is not an IRCA certificated course.
Who should attend?
Anyone with the need to audit an organization’s OHSAS 18001 management system.
This training course is HRDF approved under the SBL scheme. On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
What will I learn?
You will learn to:
- Describe the purpose of an OH&S management system, including the principles of hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control, legal compliance and other requirements described in OHSAS 18001 of OH&S management systems standards, management system audits and of third-party certification.
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an OH&S management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate).
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of an OH&S management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with OHSAS 18001 and in accordance with ISO19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate).
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Identify the aims and benefits of an BS OHSAS 18001 audit
- Interpret BS OHSAS 18001 requirements for audit application
- Plan, conduct and follow-up auditing activities that add real value
- Grasp the application of risk-based thinking, leadership and process management
- Access the latest auditor techniques and identify appropriate use
- Build stakeholder confidence by managing processes in line with the latest requirements
Our unique accelerated approach fast-tracks learning, improves knowledge retention and ensures you get the skills to apply your knowledge straight away. This course involves practical activities as well as toolkits, templates and classroom learning to help you develop a deeper understanding of the material and have a greater impact on job performance.