ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System Lead Implementer Training Course
Become a professional information security implementer expert when you join our 5-days "ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer Training" course.
You will learn all that is necessary to know on how to set up an Information Security Management System (ISMS) that conforms to ISO/IEC 27001 in any organization. This includes topics on how to draft the required information security policies, practices and procedures.
The tutors will develop your skills and understanding of the practicalities involved when setting up a typical management system framework that conforms with the standard. Additionally, you will also focus on improving your project management ability to lead a team with the implementation of an ISMS in your business.
An examination is held on the final day and successful delegates will be awarded the BSI Lead Implementer certificate.
Who should attend?
This is intended for those who will be involved in advising top management on the introduction of ISO/IEC 27001 into an organization. It is especially relevant for those who have the responsibility to lead the implementation of an ISMS in a business or provide consultation on the subject.
Suggested job roles and their teams include:
This training course is HRDF approved under the SBL scheme. On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
- Information security managers
- IT and corporate security managers
- Corporate governance managers
- Risk and compliance managers
- Information security consultants
What will I learn?
- What is information security management (ISM)
- Why ISM is important to an organization
- What are the benefits of ISM
- What is the background of ISM
- What are the key concepts and principles in ISO/IEC 27001
- What terms and definitions are used in the standard
- What are the main requirements of ISO/IEC 27001
- How to identify a typical framework to implement and ISMS compliant with ISO/IEC 27001 following the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- How to conduct a base line review of the organization’s current position with regard to ISO/IEC 27001
- How to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 from an implementation perspective in the context of their organization
- How to implement key elements of ISO/IEC 27001
- What are the concepts of leadership and managing organizational change
- Understanding project management, skill sharing, support and motivation during the implementation of an ISMS
How will I benefit?
- Your company will know what is required to implement an ISMS that conforms to the standard
- The business will be able to scale the implementation of the ISMS throughout the organization
- Successful implementation will improve the protection of your organization’s private data to meet your market assurance and corporate governance needs
Our unique accelerated approach fast-tracks learning, improves knowledge retention and ensures you get the skills to apply your knowledge straight away. This course involves practical activities as well as toolkits, templates and classroom learning to help you develop a deeper understanding of the material and have a greater impact on job performance.