ISO/IEC 27001 General Transition Training
Whenever a standard is revised, it's important to know how your organization can transition to the new version quickly and effectively.
By attending the 1-day "ISO/IEC 27001 General Transition Training", our tutors will highlight the key differences between both versions; help you understand the new requirements and explain how you can strategize your transition to be compliant with the newer version.
This can be particularly helpful when your transition strategy requires you to repurpose existing ISMS documentation and processes over to the current standard.You’ll learn the updated structure of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and new concepts such as the context of an organization and performance evaluations.
Who should attend?
This is intended for those who are involved in the certification process for ISO/IEC 27001:2005 in particular internal and external ISMS implementers.
Suggested job roles include:
- Information security managers
- IT and corporate security managers
- Corporate governance managers
- Risk and compliance managers
- Information security consultants
You must have attended and passed BSI’s Introduction to ISO/IEC 27001:2005 or ISO/IEC 27001:2005 Implementation training course or an equivalent in another recognized training organization. To verify this, we will ask you for a copy of your certificate award.
This training course is HRDF approved under the SBL scheme.
What will I learn?
- What is the new high-level structure of ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- What are the requirements of the standard
- How to recognize the differences between the 2005 and 2013 versions of the standard
- What updated processes apply to an organizations ISMS
How will I benefit?
Your company will have internal knowledge to carry out a more effective transition when migrating over an existing ISMS to conform to ISO/IEC 27001:2013
What does the fee cover?
- Training course notes
- Loan copy of the standard (to be returned after the course)