Introduction to BS 10500 Anti-Bribery Management System
An anti-bribery management system (ABMS), based on the published BS 10500 standard, will provide your organization with a framework for prohibiting, preventing, detecting, reporting and dealing with any bribery that does occur.
The 1-day "Introduction to BS 10500 Anti-Bribery Management System" training course will assist you to put in place “adequate procedures” to prevent acts of fraud and bribery within your organization. Led by an experienced tutor, this course will introduce the concepts of anti-bribery, explain the benefits of an ABMS, and explain the key requirements and context of BS 10500. It is applicable to all organizations including the public, private and voluntary sectors.
This course was developed in association with the City of London Police, Economic Crime and Fraud Training Academy.
Who should attend?
Those responsible for anti-bribery management, ethical behaviour, corporate governance, risk and compliance, management systems, anti-bribery measures, human resources, procurement and those managing/selecting business associates especially if operating in high risk bribery environments.
Suggested job roles include:
This training course is HRDF approved under the SBL scheme.
- Senior officers and directors
- Human resource managers
- Internal legal teams
- Risk and compliance managers
- Internal affairs and investigation teams
- Internal and external management systems auditors who are new to ABMS
- Those interested in finding out more about bribery and an ABMS
- Procurement managers
- Private data and records administration teams
What will I learn?
- How to identify the key concepts of bribery
- What is the background, structure and intent of BS 10500
- How to interpret the requirements for “adequate procedures” contained within BS 10500
- How anti-bribery management fits into organizations
- How to demonstrate the business benefits of implementing an effective ABMS in my organization
- What is the Plan-Do-Check-Act approach in management systems and how it relates to the BS 10500 ABMS
How will I benefit?
- Your business will understand the importance of preventing bribery
- Your company will recognize how an ABMS can help to reduce or eliminate the risk of bribery
- Your organization will understand what is required in BS 10500
- Your business will be better placed when planning to implement an ABMS
- It will bring knowledge and start to develop expertise of anti-bribery practices and how an ABMS works in your business
What does the fee cover?
- Training course notes
- Loan copy of the standard (to be returned after the course)