Introduction of HACCP to New Staff
An ineffective HACCP plan can result in severe consequences for food safety; resulting in product and process failure, customer dissatisfaction and regulatory noncompliance.
Optimize your technical knowledge and skills to accurately contribute to your HACCP plans through all steps; from collating preliminary information for the hazard analysis to confirming CCPs, validating critical limits, assessing adequacy of monitoring and corrective actions and identifying effective verification activities. Gain confidence in planning and performing a HACCP plan review.
This course develops the necessary skills to assess and contribute to a HACCP team for the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of HACCP plans, based on the CODEX HACCP system. You’ll learn how to initiate a HACCP plan review through the application of the five preliminary steps and seven HACCP principles.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in food safety system planning, development, implementation or revision. This may include food industry professionals from a diverse range of functions including senior management, technical/quality assurance, engineering, production, operations, procurement/purchasing, supply and distribution.
What will I learn?
On completion of the course delegate will be able to:
- Apply CODEX HACCP food safety risk methodology
- Relate CODEX HACCP methodology to your company HACCP plans
- Relate the BSI HACCP and GMP Certification Criteria requirements to your company HACCP plans
- Apply HACCP preliminary steps
- Identify and prioritise food safety hazards
- Determine and establish controls for food safety hazards
- Participate in developing and reviewing HACCP plans
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Contribute to a HACCP team in your workplace
- Document HACCP plans
- Identify and apply the benefits and requirements of a HACCP based food safety system
- Gain the skills to review existing HACCP plans to assess their suitability, adequacy and effectiveness
What is included?
This training course is HRDF approved under the SBL scheme.
On completion, you will be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.