Effective Foreign Matter Management in the Food Industry
This course will provide delegates with a framework to identify the sources of foreign matter and determine appropriate controls to effectively prevent recurrence. Specific controls for glass, plastics, wood and metal have been referenced from GFSI (Good Food Safety Initiative) standards.
Who should attend?
Food industry professionals from a diverse range of functions including;
- Technical/Quality Assurance
- Purchasing and supply
- Engineering and maintenance
- Production and operations
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this training, delegates will be able to:
- Explain incidents and types of foreign matter contamination in food
- Identify sources of foreign matter from products, plant, premises, processes, practices and people
- Assess workplace for sources of foreign matter specific to organization
- Identify key concepts in the application of foreign matter management
- Describe how foreign matter detection devices work and review their adequacy
- Apply specific controls and identify gaps and opportunities for improvement
How will I benefit?
Transfer the knowledge from this course into operational practices to identify multiple sources of foreign matter and the preventative and reactive controls to effectively prevent recurrence. Delegates will be encouraged to share experiences and knowledge with other attendees to enhance learning outcomes.
What is included?
This training course is HRDF approved under the SBL scheme.
On completion, you will be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.