Highly Effective Food Safety Auditing
Do you need to take a fresh look at your food safety audit programme? Do you need to move from compliance to value added audits? This course will equip food industry professionals with the skills to plan and conduct effective internal and supplier audit processes that enable them to meet requirements and identify opportunities for continual improvement.
Who should attend?
The course has a 1 hour examination on the final day.
- Technical managers
- Quality managers
- Quality coordinators
- Production managers
- Team leaders
- Laboratory technicians/coordinators
- Food industry graduates
What will I learn?
- Describe how an audit is scheduled, planned, organized, conducted, reported and followed-up in accordance with ISO 19011 industry best practice
- Show awareness of reporting and communicating the results of audits to all levels of the organization to improve compliance and apply continuous improvement methodology
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize based on risk to the organization and risk to product safety
- Refresh and update knowledge of key food safety management system issues which include but are not limited to review of CCP practices and monitoring records, validation and verification activities, traceability, GMP hygiene and house-keeping, foreign object controls and allergen management
- Apply a risk-based methodology to effectively schedule audits
- Perform an audit to assess compliance, suitability and effectiveness of practices, system documentation and records
- Demonstrate ability to apply a strategic audit focus by identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for continual improvements and potential threats to your organization or to product safety
How will I benefit?
- Shift organizational focus from compliance to continual improvement
- Empower food industry professionals to effectively using audit tools and techniques to identify strengths, weaknesses and opportunities for improvement.
- Maximize effectiveness and efficiency of food safety operations with limited resources
- Discuss informal benchmarking with industry sector peers
Our high impact accelerated learning approach is proven to fast-track learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. Our courses are activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of material and greater impact on job performance.
What is included?
This training course is HRDF approved under the SBL scheme.
On completion, you will be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.