Highly Effective Food Safety Auditing
Do you need to take a fresh look at your food safety audit programme? Do you need to move from compliance to value added audits? This course will equip food industry professionals with the skills to plan and conduct effective internal and supplier audit processes that enable them to meet requirements and identify opportunities for continual improvement
Who should attend?
This training course is HRDF approved under the SBL scheme. On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
- Technical managers
- Quality managers
- Quality coordinators
- Production managers
- Team leaders
- Laboratory technicians/coordinator
- Food industry graduates
What will I learn?
- Describe how an audit is scheduled, planned, organized, conducted, reported and followed-up in accordance with ISO 19011 industry best practice
- Show awareness of reporting and communicating the results of audits to all levels of the organization to improve compliance and apply continuous improvement methodology
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize based on risk to the organization and risk to product safety
- Refresh and update knowledge of key food safety management system issues which include but are not limited to review of CCP practices and monitoring records, validation and verification activities, traceability, GMP hygiene and house-keeping, foreign object controls and allergen management
- Apply a risk-based methodology to effectively schedule audits
- Perform an audit to assess compliance, suitability and effectiveness of practices, system documentation and records
How will I benefit?
- Shift organizational focus from compliance to continual improvement
- Empower food industry professionals to effectively using audit tools and techniques to identify strengths, weaknesses and opportunities for improvement.
- Maximize effectiveness and efficiency of food safety operations with limited resources
- Discuss informal benchmarking with industry sector peers
Our unique accelerated approach fast-tracks learning, improves knowledge retention and ensures you get the skills to apply your knowledge straight away. This course involves practical activities as well as toolkits, templates and classroom learning to help you develop a deeper understanding of the material and have a greater impact on job performance.