FSSC 22000 Food Safety Management Systems Lead Auditor Training Course (Non-IRCA)
Grasp the key principles and practices of effective food safety management system audits in accordance with ISO 22000:2005, ISO 22003:2013 and 19011:2011 'Guidelines for auditing management systems'. Learn the entire audit process from initiating the audit to conducting a follow-up.
Incorporates requirements of FSSC including coverage of ISO TS 22002-1:2009 ‘Prerequisite programmes on food safety’.
Who should attend?
Anyone interested in acquiring the competence to audit an organization's FSMS to meet the requirements of ISO 22000 or FSSC 22000, either as a conducting first-party, second-party, and/or third-party auditor.
Delegates are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
This training course is HRDF approved under the SBL scheme. On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
- Implementing or operating a management system within a food sector context. This includes private schemes such as BRC, GLOBALGAP, FSSC and/or other schemes which include management system components
- Relevant key food safety legislation (this may be specific to delegates’ food industry context and location)• Knowledge of prerequisite programmes as specified in ISO/TS 22002-1
- The principles of HACCP as defined by the Codex Alimentarius Commission• Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 22000
What will I learn?
This course will help you:
- Describe the purpose of a Food Safety management system, of Food Safety Management Systems standards, of management system audit and of third-party certification
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up a Food Safety Management System audit in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 22003 including ISO 17021 where appropriate)Skills
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of a Food Safety Management System to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 22000 or acceptable equivalent and in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 22003 including ISO 17021 where appropriate)
How will I benefit?
- Realize your potential to become a respected Food Safety auditor/lead auditor
- Gain the knowledge and tools to perform an audit for FSSC compliance
- Effectively use audit tools and techniques to identify strengths, weaknesses and opportunities for improvement
Our unique accelerated approach fast-tracks learning, improves knowledge retention and ensures you get the skills to apply your knowledge straight away. This course involves practical activities as well as toolkits, templates and classroom learning to help you develop a deeper understanding of the material and have a greater impact on job performance.