Building Information Modelling (BIM) Level 2 Professional Training Course
Grasp the key management principles, themes and terminology of BIM and how to apply these within your organization, as well as the drivers for success and return on investment (ROI). You’ll gain the relevant understanding and foundation to effectively utilize BIM on your next project.
This course will also help you easily implement BIM by understanding the strategic and technical processes required to apply BIM on all levels while providing the knowledge and skills you need to successfully manage each step of your building project by encouraging the use of a consistent management framework. It offers a deeper understanding of the delivery of Level 2 BIM and how you can ensure different information types are gathered, managed and used more efficiently across multiple projects. The topics will include detailed explanations of processes and procedures, in line with the Level 2 BIM suite of documents and the roles and responsibilities that align to these objectives allowing you to deliver business value at every step of the process.
Prerequisites : Delegates looking to attend this course should have management engagement with project and portfolio activities
This 5 days course consist of:
- ISO 19650-2:2018
- PAS 1192-3:2014
- BS 1192-4:2014
- PAS 1192-5:2015
- PAS 1192-6:2017
Who should attend?
All construction industry professionals requiring the knowledge and understanding of processes and procedures to deliver projects in line with BIM Level 2.
What will I learn?
This course will help you:
- Explain what the ISO 19650-2 standard says and what it means
- Define how key information management documents are developed
- Identify how designers and contractors are expected to show their BIM capability to their prospective clients
- Recognize how key BIM Level 2 asset information management documents are developed
- Explain how to formulate Organizational and Asset Information Requirements
- Explain how asset information is delivered through the Common Data Environment and verified against the information requirements.
- The role of COBie
- How COBie represents buildings and infrastructure assets
- How the use of COBie can be specified for specific purposes
- The processes and purposes underlying COBie
- Explain the types of security threat to and from built assets and their information
- Recognize security and CDE/BIM Level 1 and 2
- Define the role of security manager
- Explain the documentation and execution of policies required for security-mindedness
- BIM and structured collaboration
- The roles of the key participants in health and safety information
- The relationship between PAS 1192 part 6 and other documents
What is included?
This training course is HRDF approved under the SBL scheme.
On completion, you will be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.