Building Information Modelling (BIM) Information Management Training Course
Construction projects allow for a variety of data sources to be delivered in a variety of different formats. Traditionally, information has been disjointed, uncoordinated and often lost upon the completion of projects. BIM enables the intelligent gathering of information; effectively utilized during key stages of projects to ensure more valuable outcomes.
Information can be delivered in a variety of formats.
To understand these formats, utilize their worth and ensure better communication, information management should be in line with BS 1192:2007, PAS 1192-2, PAS 1192-3 and BS 1192-4.
This course offers a deeper understanding of the delivery of Level 2 BIM and how you can ensure different information types are gathered, managed and used more efficiently across multiple projects.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in projects requiring a deeper understanding of the technical delivery of BIM within construction projects.
This training course is HRDF approved under the SBL scheme. On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
What will I learn?
You will learn about:
- Basic principles of Information Management in relation to BIM
- Effective management of information across all stages of a project
- Project delivery in line with PAS 1192-2 and ensuring information is shared at all critical stages of project lifecycle
- Importance of data from the client via the Employers Information Requirements (EIR) document
- Development and requirements of the Project Information Model (PIM)
- Data relevance and collating a plan for an Asset Information Model (AIM) in line with PAS1192-3.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Grasp the practical application of BIM requirements to a client’s facilities management strategy and goals
- Advise clients on how to manage data more effectively and in turn become a desirable supply chain member for them in the future
- Create a common data environment and understand how to deliver information in line with the Design Responsibility matrix and individual supplier responsibilities
- Understand Construction Operations Building Information Exchange (COBie)
- Learn how to utilize Industry Foundation Classes (IFC).
Our unique accelerated approach fast-tracks learning, improves knowledge retention and ensures you get the skills to apply your knowledge straight away. This course involves practical activities as well as toolkits, templates and classroom learning to help you develop a deeper understanding of the material and have a greater impact on job performance.