ISO/IEC 27701:2019 Certified Lead Implementer Professional Training Course via Virtual Online Learning
Course Aim: To provide a world class framework for extending your ISO/IEC 27001 information security management system (ISMS), and build the more specific requirements and guidance for protecting your organization’s Personally Identifiable Information (PII), together constituting a personal information management system (PIMS).
This training content will be delivered via BSI’s Connected Learning Live Platform as a virtual classroom with the BSI tutor. This will provide the delegate with the flexibility of attending it from the convenience of home or office, without travelling to BSI facility. A stable internet connection, headset with USB connection, a quiet and suitable work area. In advance of the training a ‘testing room’ will be provided for delegates to confirm their hardware works and that they can fully participate in the training.
Course Description: Managing personal information in compliance with the evolving regulatory landscape is complex but cannot be ignored. The protection of an individual’s personal information is one of their fundamental human rights. Laws exist around the world to protect these rights in an environment where business and data related to personal lives are becoming increasingly globalized. Implementing the privacy controls should enable an organization to document evidence on of how it handles the processing of personal information.
ISO/IEC 27701:2019 specifies the requirements and provides guidance for implementing a personal information management system (PIMS) in the form of an extension to ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO/IEC 27002 for privacy management, within the context of your organization.
By attending our five-day course, you will understand how to implement the principles of ISO/IEC 27701:2019 and how to assess the effectiveness of the PIMS controls in your organization. It will help you understand how the implementation of ISO/IEC 27701 provide the basis of an effective PIMS and provides guidance for personally identifiable information (PII) controllers and/or processors, processing PII.
With the full support of a world-class BSI tutor, you’ll learn about ISO/IEC 27701:2019 common terms and definitions, as well as the how to implement the key concepts and requirements.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in planning, implementing, maintaining or supervising a Personal Information Management system (PIMS) based on ISO/IEC 27701 or EUGDPR. The course is equally relevant to PII controllers and PII processors.
Prerequisites: You must already have a good knowledge of implementing an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO/IEC 27002 and be looking to extend your ISMS to include management of privacy.
A good knowledge of PIMS requirements and terminology is highly recommended.
You should have previously attended an ISO/IEC 27001 requirements course.
What will I learn?
The course covers the following specific learning objectives:
- Interpret key requirements and guidance of ISO/IEC 27701 from both a PII controller and processor implementation perspective
- Understand the key principles and rights of data subjects as per EUGDPR
- Recognize a typical framework for extending your ISO/IEC 27001 ISMS to include specific requirements and guidance for protecting personally identifiable information (PII) and implementing a PIMS
- Identify the benefits to your organization of implementing an ISO/IEC 27701 PIMS
- Implement the key requirements and guidance of ISO/IEC 27701
- Conduct a gap analysis of your organization’s current compliance with the requirements of ISO/IEC 27701
- Conduct audits in all aspects of PIMS processes
- Maintain and improve the current level of implementation of the PIMS, in line with the principles of EUGDPR.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you to:
- Increase your knowledge of the requirements and guidance contained within ISO 27701, from an implementation perspective.
- Understand the key principles and rights of data subjects as per EUGDPR and relate with the draft Personal Data Protection Act (2018) proposed in India.
- Inform your organization’s senior management of the requirements of ISO/IEC 27701 to help them decide the next steps to take
- Understanding what areas of the standard should be audited, and techniques and approaches to consider
- Establishing an understanding of the issues, organizations face when maintaining and improving processes in a PIMS framework.
Your learning will be through an activity-based, delegate-centred approach. This will help you share experiences and knowledge with other attendees; bringing alive the information presented and resulting in enhanced retention and application to your own workplace.
What is included?
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
"This training fee is applicable only for residents of India and the Indian subcontinent"