Food Safety Supervisor (FSS) for Caterings
The aim of this course is to help reduce the food poisoning and illness cases across India, and help us become a healthier country. Where the consumers could develop more confidence in the FBOs.
Food Safety Supervisor (FSS) for Caterings is a course designed and developed by FSSAI and BSI, along with other partners to qualify at least one qualified FSS per every 25 employees in every FBO, PAN India. This is a requirement of FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India).
The course will help an individual understand the basics of food safety and its control measures, so as to implement the same in the catering, restaurants, QSRs, hotels, canteens and other food serving businesses.
This caters to all small scale to large scale business, including any start-ups. BSI is one of the Training Partners with FSSAI, with recognised ‘Master Tutor’ by FSSAI. There will be an exam at the end of the course; and a joint Certification of FSSAI and BSI to qualified FSS.
Who should attend?
- Anyone from the catering and food serving business.
- Quality auditors (Internal and External)
What will you learn?
This course will help you
- Basics of Food Safety
- Implementation of Food Safety (trained and competent staff) in respective food sectors
- Hazard identifications
- Monitoring of control measures (CCPs; oPRPs)
How will you benefit?
This course will help:
- Individuals to qualified in Food Safety
- Enhanced job opportunities
- Organisations to gain customer confidence
- Helps organisations in their continual improvement
- Legal compliance
Delegates are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
- Relevant key food safety legislation (this may be specific to delegates’ food industry context and location)
- Knowledge of prerequisite programmes as specified in ISO/TS 22002-1
- Good Practice guides for Agriculture (GAP), Veterinary (GVP), Manufacturing (GMP), Hygiene (GHP), Production (GPP), Distribution (GDP) and/or Trading (GTP) depending on the segment of the food chain in which the student operates
- The principles of HACCP as defined by the Codex Alimentarius Commission
What's included in course fee?
- Refreshments & Lunch
- Delegate Course Material
- On successful completion, you’ll be awarded a FSSAI recognized ‘Food Safety Supervisor-Catering’ Certification.