Applying PAS 96:2014 – A Guide to Protecting and Defending Food and Drink from Deliberate Attack
Obtain a detailed understanding of PAS 96:2014 and its application by identifying emerging supply chain risks and managing food defence within your organization in a systematic manner.
The main concerns of the food industry is the safety of products and brand reputation. Organizations that produce, manufacture, handle or supply ingredients and food recognize the need to assure customers that their products are safe and free from contamination. Failures in the food supply chain can not only be dangerous to customers but prove costly in terms of company reputation, financial penalties and shareholder value.
PAS 96:2014 aims to assure the authenticity of food by minimizing the chance of an attack through risk assessment of your organization, supply chain, process and product. Through this risk assessment, you’ll identify where controls may be required to minimize and mitigate an ‘attack’. This course has been designed to equip you with the most current food industry knowledge on the application of risk methodologies to assess and manage threats to your food supply chain and sensitive raw materials.
Who should attend?
Food industry professionals from a diverse range of functions including Senior Management, Technical/Quality Assurance, Engineering, Production, Operations, Procurement/Purchasing, Human Relations/Security, Supply and Distribution.
What will you learn?
You will learn to:
- Explain the importance and benefits of PAS 96:2014
- Explain TACCP (Threat Assessment Critical Control Point)
- Explain VACCP (Vulnerability Assessment Critical Control Point)
- Distinguish different types of risk assessment methodologies
- Conduct a supply chain vulnerability risk assessment
- Conduct a raw material risk assessment
- Review TACCP.
Delegates will benefit with knowledge of the global food supply chain and a good understanding of their organizations processes and products.
How will you benefit?
This course will help you:
- Identify the key requirements and benefits of PAS 96:2014
- Develop practical skills and confidence to implement PAS 96:2014 and strengthen food defence within your organization
- Adopt a proactive approach to identifying emerging supply chain risks
- Improve the resilience of your supply chain through an understanding of threats, likely attackers and proactive defensive controls
- Demonstrate ability to source relevant and current information on historical and emerging threats to apply the TACCP risk assessment
- Apply risk-based methodologies to determine significant threats.
- Training course notes
- Lunch & refreshments
- BSI Training Academy certificate of passing/attanding