APM Introductory Certificate in Project Management
This intensive course is designed for all project personnel including new project managers, project team members and project support staff who require an understanding of the fundamentals of project management. This is also suitable for anyone looking to achieve a nationally recognised, entry level qualification in project management.
No previous experience of working in projects is necessary. However, pre-read documentation is provided before the course and it is essential that delegates complete all of the recommended self-study prior to attending the event.
Who should attend?
- Project personnel
- New project managers
- Project team members
- Project support staff
Achieve a nationally recognised, entry level qualification in project management.
What will I learn?
- Define and scope a project
- Understand the context of projects in the Portfolio, Programme and Project management environments.
- Explain the principles of project management
- Define and understand project management terminology
- Understand the roles and people skills required to deliver projects effectively
- Describe tools and techniques used for managing projects
- Support and contribute to successful project outcomes
- Achieve the required level of understanding needed to prepare for the APM
- Introductory Certificate in Project Management examination
How will I benefit?
- Achieving customer focus in product, process or service planning helps to minimise design changes, dramatically increases customer satisfaction and reduces development cycle time.
- Identifying priorities based upon customer requirements enables the most effective use of limited resources
- You will gain 12 CPD points on completing the course.
What is it about?
The Introductory Certificate is based on the APM Body of Knowledge 5th edition – a concise and structured guide to the knowledge required in managing projects. It provides a solid introduction to the key issues involved in managing projects and explores core project management tools, techniques and terminology.
This course is delivered by our partner Reed Learning
in association with Insights, an APM Accredited Training Provider.