Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) Training Course: Introduction of ISO/IEC 27001:2013
Setting up an ISMS can be as simple or as sophisticated as your organization needs it to be. However, even knowing where to start when considering setting up an ISMS can be challenging.
In this one day course, our expert tutors will explain the requirements of the current standard to help you understand how it could apply to your organization and the potential benefits of adopting it.
You will therefore be better prepared to carry out an implementation of an ISMS that conforms to the current standard, as the background, updated concepts, principles, terms and definitions used in ISO/IEC 27001:2013 are fully explained and discussed.
The requirements course will also help you understand how the standard works in preparation for attending the internal and lead auditing training courses.
Who should attend?
Those who have an interest in or are responsible for information security management, data management and protection, corporate governance, risk and compliance, management systems, security, IT services, human resources, financial and accounting records and any business area that interacts with high risk private data.
Suggested job roles and their teams include:
"We’ve been raising standards worldwide since 1979 and created 85% of our portfolio of standards, including Information Security.
- Information security managers
- IT and corporate security managers
- Corporate governance managers
- Risk and compliance managers
- Human Resource managers
- Financial and Accounts managers
- Internal legal teams
- Private data and records administration teams
What will I learn?
- What is information security management (ISM)
- Why ISM is important to an organization
- What are the benefits of ISM
- What is the background of ISM
- What are the key concepts and principles in ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- The terms and definitions used
- The main requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013
How will my organization benefit?
- Your company will know what is required prior to adopting the standard
- Your business will become aware of the potential benefits of adopting the standard
- Your organization will be able to consider how adopting ISO/IEC 27001:2013 could work practically within your business
- Course Folder
- Pen and Notepad
- Certificate of attendance
- Loan copy of the standard (to be returned after the course)