ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 Transition Training Course
Course Aim: Learn about the new ISO high level structure, the differences between ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 and ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 and how to prepare for transition.
Course Description: Are you already familiar with ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 and interested in finding out more about the changes for the updated standard? As with many of the recently updated standards, ISO/IEC 20000-1 is now aligned to the ISO high level structure (HLS) for management system standards. This course will introduce you to the HLS and explore the differences between ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 and ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018.
By attending, you’ll get involved in activities that will help you to identify the gaps in your current service management system (SMS) and start planning your transition to the new standard.
Who should attend?
Anyone who knows ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 and will be involved in the planning, implementing, maintaining, supervising or auditing of an ISO/IEC 20000-1 transition.
Prerequisites: You should be familiar with the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 and will benefit from reading the ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 standard before attending the course.
What will I learn in the training?
You will be able to:
- Explain the purpose and use of Annex SL (which specifies the HLS) and describe a generic management system
- Communicate the new requirements relating to context, leadership, planning, support, operation, performance evaluation and improvement in Annex SL
- Identify the main terms and definitions in ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 which differ from ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011
- Communicate service management specific requirements in ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 that differ from ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011
- Recognize the development process and perspectives that were considered in the revision
- Explain the timelines for the transition
Our high impact accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Comprehend the ISO HLS, its impact on ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 and how it supports the integration of management system standards
- Recognize the key differences in requirements and terms between ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 and ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018
- Identify what needs to be updated in your current SMS to meet the revised standard
- Find out how you can start preparing for transitioning your certification with BSI
- Detailed Training Course Notes
- On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
- Loan copy of the standard (to be returned after the course)