CQI and IRCA Certified ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 Lead Auditor (Information Technology - Service Management) Training Course
Course Aim: To provide you with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of service management systems against ISO/IEC 20000-1, in accordance with ISO 19011:2018 and ISO/IEC 17021-1, as applicable.
Course Description: Learn the fundamental auditing principles and practices relating to ISO/IEC 20000-1 service management requirements so you can help drive continual business improvement.
By attending this five day course you’ll gain the knowledge and skills to undertake and lead a successful service management system audit. Using a step-by-step approach, you’ll be guided through the entire audit process from initiation to follow-up in accordance with ISO 19011.
Course Number: 2197
Through activity-based learning, and practical auditing experience with coaching, group workshops and discussions, you’ll gain the necessary auditing skills to effectively lead audits and drive improvement.
Successful completion of this BSI certified training course, by passing the relevant examination and skills assessment, will demonstrate knowledge and basic skills to undertake and lead a management systems audit.
Who should attend?
Anyone with the need to audit an organization’s Service management system.
Prerequisites: Delegates are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between context of the organization, management commitment, policy, planning, operation, performance evaluation and continual improvement
- Principles and concepts of service management
- The requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1
- The relationship between organisational objectives and the delivery of services
- Concepts of organisational governance through financial management and risk management
- Typical issues and interested parties relevant to an SMS and services, and their typical requirements
- The influence of organisational processes on service demands and the impact of changing those processes
- Variety of technologies used to deliver services
Note: This course will not cover the requirements of the standard, but the content of the examination on day 5 could cover these requirements.
What will I learn?
On completion, successful delegates will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Explain the purpose of a SMS, of SMS standards, of SMS audit, of third-party certification and the business benefits of improved service performance
- Explain the role and responsibilities of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow-up a SMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1, as applicable
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of a SMS to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO/IEC 20000-1 and in accordance with ISO 19011, and ISO/IEC 17021-1, as applicable
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Identify the aims and benefits of an ISO/IEC 20000-1 audit
- Interpret ISO/IEC 20000-1 requirements for audit application
- Plan, conduct and follow-up auditing activities that add real value
- Understand the application of service-based thinking, leadership and process management
- Access the latest auditor techniques and identify appropriate use
- Build stakeholder confidence by leading audit activities in line with the latest requirements
- Detailed course notes and lunch provided
- Loan copy of the standard (to be returned after the course)
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate